Mapping 1800 to 1861
Each student will map a different
even/person/place relevant to US history from 1800-1861. These points
will be available as a Google Earth placemark resulting in a geographic
timeline of this period.
Part 1 - Create a Google account
1. Visit maps.google.com and click "Sign in"
2. If you already have a Google account then just sign in. If not, create a Google account.
3. Create a practice map - we will do this as one happy group.
Part 2 - Mapping History
For each of your selected people, places, events or other create a Google placemark using the following guidelines. To see a sample map click right here.
1. Create the map's placemark in the location most relevant or appropriate for your topic.
2. Title your map like this "Date - Subject" (1941 - Pearl
Harbor attack OR 1963 - JFK Assassinated). You get the idea.
3. Your description should include the following information written in your own words.
- description of the person, place or thing
- a larger discussion of the role or place that your topic has in American history. Discuss long term affects and what other events were put in motion by your topic.
- a link to one or more images related to your topic
- links to the online resources that you used - you may not use Wikipedia for this assignment
- your name
Part 3 - Completing your assignment
Use the "send" link at the top of your map to email me your link - send it to email@example.com.