Peer Critique - Construcive not Destructive
Read the paper through once without making any marks or comments.
Read it again and do the following:
1. Underline the thesis statement.
2. Put a star next to each topic sentence that relates to the thesis statement.
3. Put a sad face next to each topic sentence that does not relate to the thesis statement.
4. Circle evidence that relates to the thesis statement.
5. Cross out evidence that is unrelated to the thesis statement.
Part 2- start a blank email and address it to me (email@example.com). Type the student number of the person who wrote the paper. Put your name in the subject line as well. Answer these questions:
1. What is your favorite sentence in the paper? Type it in your email and explain why you like it.
2. What areas need more focus or evidence?
3. What did you learn about the topic?
4. Do you agree with their claim?